Saturday, April 29, 2017

Saturday Musings

As you know, I don't usually blog on Saturdays, so this is a bonus of sorts.

My hubby and I left early yesterday morning to go to our youngest son and daughter-in-law's to babysit the grands - mostly Ellie because the other two were in school most of the day. Shortly after our arrival she donned her princess costume for our enjoyment.  What self-respecting grandma would pass up an opportunity to post a picture like this???

~ Ellie ~

While we were en route to their house, the E-bay bidding for the 3-piece Shirley Temple breakfast set was coming to an end.  Because I wasn't home glued to my computer so I could increase my bid if need be, someone else outbid me by .50 cents at the last minute, and I lost the breakfast set.

Not to worry though because when I returned home last night a gift bag and vase of tulips awaited me on my front porch from my sweet girlfriend.  Inside the gift bag was the Shirley Temple cereal bowl!  💓 Thanks, Lori!


This morning I promptly went on-line and purchased the matching cup and pitcher from a seller's 'buy now' option eliminating the risk of being outbid again.  It should arrive in time for my presentation next Sunday.  I'm glad to have the 3-piece breakfast set after all.  While I was at it, I bought a Shirley Temple tea set by Danbury Mint too.  I'll be perfect for a tea party with Ellie as well as a presentation prop.


I couldn't help thinking while I was with Ellie, she's the same age as Shirley Temple was during the filming of many of her great movies.  I wouldn't want Ellie to give up her childhood for stardom though.  It came at a high price for Shirley, even though she loved what she was doing. She related several sad situations she experienced with adults during her movie career.  

Have a great weekend!  I'm going back to my tea and book reading now.


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful news about your new ST acquisitions. Lori is a keeper friend to be sure /hug.

    As for Ellie - she is absolutely beautiful, what a sweet pretty Princess she is, indeed! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to put together your Shirley breakfast set. Your tea lectures sound amazing! What lucky ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice gift! And I'm glad you were able to get the other pieces you want. Ellie is a beautiful princess, and I agree, I would not want my (also adorable) granddaughter to give up her childhood for movie fame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! Google "Shirley Temple takes tea in Delaware" for a sweet treat! My sister and I honored our mother by going to this event and bringing a photo of our beloved mother in her red and white polka dot Shirley dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. If you would like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!