Monday, September 28, 2026

A Fun Day With Our Son

Last week was a busy week between work and the ladies' tea at church, but not too busy to spend time with Jeremy while he was on this side of the state.

He spoke to the Romeo High School football team on Thursday night, then Friday after I got off work I met him and my hubby at Mike's on the Water restaurant on the Nautical Mile in St. Clair Shores.  None of us had been there before and we thoroughly enjoyed it.


I was a bit stressed when I got to work and discovered I left my iPhone at home on the charger. I was planning on using Google Maps to get me to the restaurant.  iPhones make us really lazy when it comes to memorizing phone numbers and other important things.  Thankfully, I had written my hubby's phone number down in my wallet so I was able to call him from the Whitney phone and ask him to bring my iPhone when he came to the restaurant, and I was able to look up directions to the restaurant on the Whitney computer.

It was a beautiful day for dining on deck that overlooks the marina and Lake St. Clair.


I had my first lobster roll and it was SO good.  Our server said the lobster was fresh from Maine.  


After we ate we toured the Snoopy Museum that's attached to the restaurant and saw the huge collection [over 16,000 Snoopy and Peanuts items gathered from around the world] that belongs to the restaurant owner.   His collection began in 1965.

[Internet photo of the owner and his massive collection] 

Shortly after lunch Jerry and Jeremy left for Comerica Park to see the Detroit Tigers play the Pittsburg Pirates.  The Tiger's haven't played well this season but they won Friday night's game 8-7.



~ The Barkey patriarch ~


It was a good day!  Next post, the Ladies' Church Tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. If you would like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!