Last Monday night [5/15] my hubby and I attended granddaughter Brooke's Honors Convocation at her high school for students with a 3.5 GPA and above. It's hard to believe she is completing the 9th grade.
~ Proud Grandparents! ~
Daughter-in-law, Sharon, Brooke, and granddaughter, Brianna [who just completed her junior year at Trevecca Nazarene University in Nashville, TN] are pictured below. Our son, Steve, missed the photo because he was socializing with some of the other parents.
Yesterday was Bible Study at my home. In Scripture it's often men who are credited for doing heroic things. In Exodus Chapter 1 the Egyptian Pharaoh thought infant girls were so insignificant and non-threatening that he allowed them to live, but decreed all male babies be thrown into the Nile River to perish. Into this historic account are five courageous women who altered the course of history for the Israelites: midwives Shiphrah and Puah, Jochebed, Miriam, and Pharaoh's daughter. Ladies, never underestimate what God can accomplish through YOU!
Our lunch after Bible study consisted of Velveety Mushroom Soup [from the Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook], Ham and Broccoli Quiche, and our tea was Harney & Son's Paris Blend.
Paris blend is a fruity black tea with vanilla and caramel flavors and a hint of lemony bergamot. It's delicious!
Dessert was a Butter Pecan Ice Cream Puff, with Sander's Hot Fudge topping.
After Bible study, I had a doctor's appointment. In all my years of doctor's appointments for myself, my children, and my parents, I've never experienced a fire drill, but I did yesterday! The medical building is three stories with lab and x-ray in the basement, so you can imagine the amount of people who had to exit the building. Fortunately there were exits in the front, back, and on both sides of the building, so it was all accomplished fairly orderly. I couldn't resist taking pictures of some of the fire trucks when they arrived.
We all patiently waited outside until we got word it was safe to re-enter the building. Fortunately there was no fire. Apparently someone was smoking in a smoke-free building which triggered the alarm system. At least it was a beautiful sunny afternoon to take an unanticipated outdoor break! Climbing three flights of stairs upon re-entry was proof to my cardiologist that I'm quite out of shape, and need to activate my Fitbit again! ;-)