Wednesday, September 30, 2026

2026 Ladies' Fall Tea

As promised, here are pictures from the 2026 Ladies' Fall Tea at church.  It was held last Saturday, September 26, 2026 on a picture perfect day weatherwise.

Good friends Lori and Donna, helped me set-up on Thursday afternoon after I got off work.  It was a simplier tablescape, but made set-up and tear-down much easier.  The theme was Fall Homecoming Harvest, and the emphasis was on pumpkins.

Attendance was less that previous teas [45] and I'm seriously considering revamping the structure.  It might be time for a change.



 Donna, who stepped in to be my right-hand helper that day.


Pamela's Catering provided the tea meal again, and as always it was delicious.


I took this picture before the top plate of miniature quiches were added to the three-tiered servers.


Servers from Pamela's Catering, pictured with the dessert plates.


Granddaughter, Brooke, and her boyfriend's mom and grandmother.


~ Daughter-in-law, Sharon, and Daughter, Lori ~


I shared some brief trivia about pumpkins... They're a significant specialty crop in Michigan, consistently ranking in the top five states nationwide for pumpkin production and bringing in over $13 million annually for Michigan farmers.

I discovered when doing my research that botanically speaking, pumpkins are actually a fruit - and to be specific a berry!  Nutritionists consider it a vegetable for culinary purposes.  From a culinary perspective they are extremely versatile and are the main ingredient in numerous recipes from breads, to cakes, pies, cookies and other delicious desserts, and soups and casseroles.  I put 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree in my oatmeal every morning while it's cooking.  They're very nutritious containing Beta-carotene [which converts to vitamin A], Vitamin C, potassium, as well as dietary fiber and other essential minerals.  In an of itself, pumpkin is fat free.

One lady at the tea said she makes pumpkin cannolis every Thanksgiving and they're delicious.  I looked up a recipe online when I got home and am very anxious to try them.

Below is one inspirational thought I shared to close my talk that I found online.


With that, the 2026 Ladies' Fall Tea was in the books.  But before I close this post and September ends, I want to share some pics from my grandaughter Isabella's 21st birthday and my son Jeremy's 47th birthday on September 29th.  It's so nice that they share birthdays.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. If you would like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!