The summer college break is going by fast for granddaughter, Isabella, and she will soon be going back to finish her last semester before graduating with a degree in Marketing. She got a job this summer in the Marketing Department of the Lansing Lugnuts - a Minor League Baseball team, Midwest League. She said it's been a very fun job. Yesterday she was honored as Employee of the Month [along with other honorees] before the baseball game began. As proud grandparents, we were there to cheer her on.
I had never heard of the Lansing Lugnuts and had to read up on them. They are a High-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. The franchise is 71 years old, founded in 1955. They relocated to Lansing in 1996 and adopted the Lugnuts moniker. Their home games are played at Jackson Field [formerly called Oldsmobile Park].
It was the first baseball game I've been to in a long time, and a fun afternoon. The Lugnuts defeated the Fort Wayne Tincaps 6-2.







.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog. If you would like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!