Wednesday, August 12, 2026

National Afternoon Tea Week

Tea Time magazine posted a beautiful picture on Facebook earlier this week reminding us that this is National Afternoon Tea Week.  Their photograph is below. 


Have you gone to Afternoon Tea lately?  It's been awhile since I've sat at an Afternoon Tea table, but I work at them three days a week at The Whitney.  We refer to our teas as Mansion Tea.



Tea Time Magazine's Facebook post inspired me to reflect back on some of my amazing Afternoon Tea experiences.  I've been blessed to have Afternoon Tea in several wonderful places including London, England...



On a double-decker London tour bus



On the Queen Mary 2 crossing the Atlantic



At the Fairmont Empress Hotel in Victoria, British Columbia



And many wonderful places in the United States...  The Drake in Chicago



The Peabody Hotel in Memphis, TN



The Brown Palace in Denver, CO



The Plaza Hotel in New York City - Palm Court



I've enjoyed hosting many Afternoon Teas in my home...


And I've enjoyed going to many wonderful tea rooms [many have since closed]...
Sweet Shalom, Sylvania, OH 



Sweet Remembrances in Mechanicsburg, PA



I wish I had the space to list all of them, but I'll stop.  Thanks for traveling down memory lane with me vicariously.  I hope you're able to enjoy Afternoon Tea somewhere this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. If you would like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!